Here is a fantastic and well maintained example of a Porsche 911 (993) Carrera 4.
Originally designed by Ferdinand “Butzi” Porsche, the German engineered rear engine Porsche 911 is now one of the longest standing production models in the Automotive world. Starting production in 1963, this sports coupe has been through constant development over the years, from road cars to series winning race cars, while still managing to stay true to the initial concept and design cues. With now over 1m versions of this car being produced since its launch, it is no wonder that the Porsche 911 is so renowned with car enthusiasts and the general public alike.
What you see here is the 4th variant of 911 nomenclature; the “993”. Spanning between 1994-1998, the 993 went through a major engineering overhaul, so much so that it only shared as little as 20% of its parts the previous model. The chassis featured a new light-alloy subframe and revised multi-link coil and wishbone suspension, this made significant improvements to the cars handling and created a more civilised but still engaging driving experience. The 993 also symbolises the last of the Air-Cooled Flat Six engines produced by Porsche and is often acknowledged by Porsche aficionados as the “Purist” form of the 911 design, all in all making this an incredibly desirable and attractive vehicle for collectors and enthusiasts of today.
This particular example is a Carrera 4 (C4) version of the 993 and benefits from the sought after manual 6speed gearbox, a 3.6 litre Air-cooled flat 6 engine (Producing 268bhp and 243lbft of torque) and a practical 4 wheel drive system that was designed to change the driving behaviour of the Carrera by making it more stable and useable in real world conditions.
Like all of our cars here at Renaissance Classic Sports Cars; the vehicle comes with a very comprehensive provenance and history portfolio, including the original Driver’s Manual, stamped maintenance book and black leather Porsche wallet. The car will also come with a fresh MOT and any of the previous owner’s invoices, receipts and previous MOT certificates to back up how fastidiously the vehicle has been maintained. We have also carried out our own in depth checks and preparation work with the vehicle to bring it up to an exceptional standard we are proud of.
A short summary of the comprehensive service history is below:
• 13 Dec 1995 Porsche Service Centre 6,362
• 9 Dec 1996 Porsche Service Centre 15,412
• 27 Apr 1998 Porsche Service Centre 24,225
• 27 Apr 1999 Porsche Service Centre 29,873
• 11 Apr 2000 Porsche Service Centre 39,438
• 11 Apr 2001 Porsche Service Centre 42,733
• 4 Apr 2002 Porsche Service Centre 47,143
• 10 Apr 2003 Porsche Service Centre 51,336
• 7 Jan 2004 Porsche Service Centre 54,930
• 12 Apr 2005 Independent specialist 59,268
• 26 Apr 2006 Independent specialist 61,323
• 15 Jan 2008 Porsche Service Centre 61,880
• 24 Apr 2009 Porsche Service Centre 64,502
• 1 Jun 2010 Porsche Service Centre 65,544
• 15 Sep 2011 Porsche Service Centre 66,940
• 23 Aug 2013 Porsche Service Centre 70,497
• 19 Jun 2014 Independent specialist 71,545
• 20 Feb 2015 Independent specialist 75,798
• 30 Nov 2015 Independent specialist 77,889
• 19 Dec 2016 Porsche Service Centre 79,140
• 26 Mar 2018 Porsche Service Centre 80,126
** Vehicle will come fully serviced as per Porsche service schedule at point of sale. Alongside the usual service work we have also carried out the following additional preparation work to really guarantee the quality of this car; brake caliper refurbishment, new flexi brake pipes, new rear camber and track arms, new front arm polybushes, new steering damper, new track rod end, 4 wheel alignment including front rack centering and rear wheel steering settings, front lower floor pan refurbishment, new HT leads (upper and lower sets), new distributor cap and rotor, intake manifold has been smoke tested, new rear spoiler blind and finally an AC system Re-gas.
A brief summary of the vehicle’s specification is listed below:
• 3.6 Flat 6 air-cooled engine (268bhp & 243lbft)
• 6 Speed Manual transmission
• 4 wheel drive system
• 17” Cup II wheels
• 2+2 coupe design
• Iris Blue Metallic paint
• Clear front lenses
• Carrera 4 rear light strip
• Carrera 4 Silver brake calipers
• Grey full leather interior
• Navy dash, head liner, trims & mats
• Front & Rear speakers, Aux headunit
• Electric seats
• Electric windows
• Electric sunroof
• Auto rear spoiler
In closing; this car is a handsome example of Porsche Engineering, with incredible vehicle history and pre-sale preparation, that we feel is not only a brilliant car to be driven and enjoyed – but also a smart investment move.