The Healey Silverstone was the most famous of the Healey family entering many races, rallies and hill climbs in its era.
With 105 units made between July 19549 and September 1950 it was made up of 51 d models and 53 E Models, the E having the slightly wider body and more legroom. The chassis was a steel 18 gauge cross brace and alloy body. Powered by a 2,433 Riley engine and four speed Riley gearbox and rear axle. The steering system is designed to transfer the forces from the steering gear to the wheels via a rotating plate and steering linkage, a patented Healey design that provides precise movement and transmits only minimal impact of the wheels to the steering column. Known early ownership Registered by Brooklands Motors Messrs.
John Buncombe 1950
1951 M Frank 1950s B T
Jenkins 1952 -1954 Mr. Hutchings.
June 1953 (Car in service at Warwick on this date) Owners unknown between
1953 and 1966 Chris Pilbeam, Essex 1966
1981 H. McGarrity 1981
1986 F Bannister 1986
1988 P.J. de Savary
1988 - 1991 R. Hudson-Evans, Warwick 1991 1996