1959 Jaguar XK150S 3.4 Litre DHC
Vin Number: T824879DN
Registration Number: YJJ830
This car is the result of an exhaustive restoration completed about 20 years ago. The owner wished to create a Jaguar XK150 for commuting to his French home that was as modern-day drivable as possible & he succeeded with aplomb. The starting point was an unrestored but solid XK150 FHC that was disassmbled into its component form. The chassis was worked on and restored to a better then new condition with the body off. Rather then repairing old panels all new panels & body parts were sourced at vast cost from John Brown at Leaping Cats. The car was then sent to noted speciailsts Guy Broad to be given "The full treatment" consisting of but not limited to the following:
1. High ratio rear axle
2. Getrag 5 speed gearbox
3. Replaced Dunlop disc brakes with Girling disc brakes
4. Replaced original radiator with deep core aluminium radiator and header tank
5. Added Kenlow fan
6. Added spot lights
7. Converted headlight to halogen
8. Engine total rebuild by VSE; enlarged valves, heavy duty valve springs, electronic ignition
9. New body by John Brown of Leaping Cat; incorporating original bonnet and Boot.
10. Completely new Interior all in tan Connely hide and new hood.
11. The whole restoration undertaken and organised by Guy Broad.
12. Tonneau cover fabricated in green mohair to match hood which zips into rear of hood.
13. Modern sound system fitted under dash.
14. Knock off chrome wire wheels.
Since restoration the car has covered less then 3000 miles per year whilst being fastidiously looked after & serviced as required for which incremental bills are on file. Indeed a massive history file with eye watering numbers comes with the car clearly demonstrating the plethora of items that went into creating the car.
The result is a magnificent driving car with performance well in excess of the originals & a very relaxed gait at high speeds from the changed rear axle ratios & 5th speed on the gear box. We can attest that this car will run on the continent at triple digit speeds effortlessly for long periods of time. Brakes likewise are powerful & pin sharp with a very modern feel to them.
The car is finished in lovely deep British racing green paintwork. To the interior is perfect Tan leather along with a non standard green leather insert to the centre panel of the dash which really suits the interior. Brown Wilton carpet is found under foot & also lines the boot. Indicated miles are 35,000 since the restoration. The car drives as well as it looks & is a real pleasure to motor in. The hood is snug when up & of very high quality fitting beautifully.
In stock now it is ready for test drives & immediate viewings.