Initially the XK 150 was available in Fixed Head Coupé (FHC) and Drophead Coupé (DHC) versions. The Roadster (XK150 OTS - Open Two-Seat) was launched in 1958. Minimal rear seats were fitted in the coupés.
Although bearing a family resemblance to the XK120 and XK140, the XK150 was radically revised. A one-piece windscreen replaced the split screen, and the wing line no longer dropped so deeply at the doors. The widened bonnet opened down to the wings, and on the Roadster the bulkhead was moved back 4 inches (102 mm) to make the bonnet longer. The car was available at various times in Red, Pearl Grey, White, Indigo Blue, Claret, Cotswold Blue, Black, Mist Grey, Sherwood Green, Carmen Red, British Racing Green, Cornish Grey, and Imperial Maroon. The XK140's walnut dashboard was replaced by one trimmed in leather. On the early Drophead Coupés, the aluminium centre dash panel, which was discontinued after June 1958, had an X pattern engraving similar to the early 3.8 E-type. Thinner doors gave more interior space. On the front parking lights, which were located atop the wings (fenders), a little red light reminded the driver the lights were on. Suspension and chassis were very similar to the XK140, and steering was by rack and pinion; power steering was not offered. The standard engine, the same as fitted to the XK140, was the 3.4 litre DOHC Jaguar straight-6 rated at 180 SAE bhp at 5750 rpm but most cars were fitted with the SE engine whose modified cylinder head and larger exhaust valves boosted the power to 210 SAE bhp at 5500 rpm. Twin 1.75-inch (44 mm) SU HD6 carburettors were fitted.
Length – cm (in): 447 (176)
Width –cm (in): 164 (64.6)
Height – cm (in) : 136 (53.7)
Wheelbase – cm (in) : 259 (102)
Weight – kg (lb): 1430 (3156)
Engine : straight-6 3781cc (210 ci), front-mounted
Valves : 12
Fuel system : 3 SU HD8 carburettors
Gearbox : 4 speed manual
Maximum power : 250 bhp at 5500 rpm
Torque : 325 Nm at 4500 rpm.
Maximum speed : 227 km/h (141 mph)