Gorgeous color combination of a burgundy body and a beige interior.
Art Deco styling.
The interior was custom made for every client. In this case the driver’s seat is in leather and the rest of the upholstery is in fabric.
Only 875 cars produced in 1935.
Beautiful exterior paint and ready to be driven.
Historical file with manual and original plate.
Pierce-Arrow Motor Car Company was an American automobile manufacturer based in Buffalo, New York, which was active from 1901 to 1938. Although best known for its expensive luxury cars, Pierce-Arrow also manufactured commercial trucks, fire trucks, camp trailers, motorcycles, and bicycles.
The Pierce-Arrow was a status symbol, owned by many Hollywood stars and tycoons. Most of the royalty of the world had at least one Pierce-Arrow in its collection. Some have described Pierce and two of its rivals among American luxury cars, Peerless and Packard, as the "Three P's of Motordom.
In 1928, the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana, gained control of the Buffalo firm. The association was to last for five years, with moderate benefits to both companies' engineering departments, which continued to function as separate entities.
Pierce-Arrow also gained a dealer network, as the cars were sold through Studebaker dealerships. Under Studebaker ownership Pierce-Arrow retired the venerable 6-cylinder engine and in 1929 introduced an L-head [straight-eight engine], which displaced 366 cubic inches. In 1933, Pierce-Arrow unveiled the radically streamlined Silver Arrow in a final attempt to appeal to the wealthy at the New York Auto Show.
The car was well received by the public and the motoring press, being announced with the slogan "Suddenly it's 1940!"
Pierce sold five examples but, since it was priced at $10,000 during the worst of the Depression, the rich were hesitant to spend so much. The bodies were built at Studebaker, which subsequently assisted in rolling out a lower-priced production model. This, however, lacked many luxury features of the show car and still failed to generate enough sales.
Wheelbase : 353 cm (139 in)
Weight : 2314 kg (5102 lb)
Engine : V12 7566 cc (462 ci), front-mounted 24 valves 2
3-speed manual gearbox
Maximum power : 175 bhp at 3400 rpm
This is what we have on file:
Operation and care booklet
Engineering data booklet
Put on display in 1970 by Otto Clausmeyer Indiana
Last registered in the USA In Indiana under 724 249
Maintenance record of 1991
Maintenance record 2018
Owned by Otto Clausmeyer Indiana 1970
The car then went to an American collector Mr Browning in 1989, who’s parts collection was sold by Christies in 2000
Paperwork to support this in the file
Then it was sold top Greece where it was not registered and kept in an important car collection
The whole collection was sold to Italy where the current owner bought it
Last registration: Italian (EU)